Permanent role in a stable sector | Lead Legal Counsel position – Shortlisting now!
On offer is a great opportunity for a Legal Counsel join a collaborative team in Brisbane’s CBD. You will have two direct reports while leading the legal function.This role will see you working across a broad range of matters while you partner with different internal stakeholders.
If you are looking for a working environment that will foster your career growth then apply today. You could enjoy your days at work and reap rewards. On average your work day will be between 8:30am and 5pm!
The types of matters you can expect to cross your desk are:
- drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements and other legal documentation in all areas of the business;
- commercial advice/direction to protect the business objectives, including identifying and mitigating commercial risks;
- interacting with business units on various projects such as; business initiatives, acquisitions, divestments, regulatory change and improvements to systems and products;
- commercial review and analysis to assist with the management of disputes and challenges;
- preparing clear and concise materials to brief internal executives of complex commercial arrangements; and
- managing the governance and fulfilment of regulatory obligations.
You will be considered if you have the following:-
- At least 4 years + PAE with experience in most of the following areas: Commercial Acquisition/Divestments, Property, Front-End Contracts, Disputes, and Procurement;
- A background from a well known law firm and you’ve enjoyed time on secondment with a client;
- Or you might have experience from one or more quality in-house teams; and
- Have a commercial mindset enabling you to add value and contribute to the success of the business!
It is an exciting and diverse role with high-level interaction with the business and senior stakeholders. The Corporate team fosters a ‘team spirited’ approach and professional career development is on offer!